Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birds of a Feather

Strange day at the Hill Home. It was so nice out and I like to keep the patio doors open and enjoy the fresh air. Olivia and I were watching cartoons when all of a sudden two birds come swooping in through the patio doors. It looked like they were playing tag and chasing each other. They were flying close to our heads and we kept ducking out of their way. They perched on the ceiling fan blades and then flew into the kitchen. They chased each other around and then both proceeded to swoop and slam into the bay windows. They thought they were flying outside like in the Windex commercials. But my windows are so not clean, so I don't know how they could have mistaken them for a way out. It was hilarious! I was laughing so hard and Olivia was giggling and screaming "bowd, bowd" (bird, lol) I called Alex because I thought it was too funny and I couldn't get the birds out of the house. Alex is a worrier, in case you didn't know, and he was all "Well, you better be careful. Birds carry fleas, ya know. Did you get them out of the house yet?" And on and on. But me and Livi were getting some good quality entertainment. Eventually all good things must come to an end, so I had to open the garage door and let them fly out. But it was great while it lasted! Olivia kept looking all around the ceilings and calling for the birds after they left.

We have had a taco night during the week for supper for a while now, but we recently switched to "turkey tacos" and they are AMAZING! We all eat it up every week. Here is a picture from last weeks taco night. And in case you haven't tried them, the stand-n-stuff tacos are the best invention ever. They are flat on the bottom so you can fill them up without such a mess.


And I thought Kris was great tonight. I loved the song and hated the way the judges only went two at a time. There has to be a better way to save time.

*Correction: Alex just explained to me after reading this that he said "Birds carry disease." Not fleas. Ha ha

No comments: