Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dallas-a beyond late post

Ok--I know this is getting a little ridiculous. Numerous Christmas posts in February?? But you don't know the half of it. I am about to post from our vacation to Dallas...from August 2011. I know. But the only pictures that I had were on my cell phone and I had to email all of them to myself (which I tried and they never all went through) and now I have switched phones. So I had to plug my phone into the USB and upload the pictures. I know, excuses, excuses. 
Here we go with the post from forever ago.

We took the girls to Dallas, Texas in August for vacation last year. We typically go to Memphis, Branson, or Alabama. We decided to take the trip the opposite direction and let girls experience the Texas culture. Abi adores her American Girl dolls and the closest store was in Dallas as well.
We did Six Flags and shopping at Grape Vine Mills. It was a fun trip.

Of course the fun could not begin immediately...for me anyway.
Our first stop was to a Texas Rangers game. Alex was in heaven....I was ready to leap from the stadium. I'm not a baseball fan really and it was hot. We were tired...hungry....and cranky (I speak for myself for the most part. Although the photo of Olivia is pretty convincing as well)


She does have a sweet smile on her little face.

We also ventured into Six Flags. Makayla talked a big game. Actually all of the girls did. Every time we drove by the park the girls would see the big roller coasters and talk about all of the ones they were going to ride. Then we get there and they freak out!





Olivia got a little freaked out.

I was cracking up at the girls watching the waves come at them and was laughing when I was attacked by a mountain of water as well. That's what I get for having my phone out on a water ride.

Take your little one to a hot day of Six Flags and she WILL take a nap.

They love hotel pools.

The hubs and I.

The American Girls store.
Abi took Felicity to get her hair done.
It was so cute!

And goodness, the poor doll needed it so bad.
Abi "fixes" her hair all the time.





They had "holders' in the bathrooms to hang your dolls on while you use the restroom.



We also got to see Laurie Berkner in concert!
I don't have any pictures of the LBB because I didn't know if we could bring cameras in.
We had a great time singing and dancing!

This photo was not cooperative in rotating.

And then it was time to go.

We had a great trip and are working on our next adventure!



No comments: