Monday, November 17, 2008

Long Time, No See




It has been a while. Livi and I have been kind of draggy this last week. She has been running a high fever and had a sore throat and I ended up with a sore throat too. I took KayKay and Livi walking on the trail in Bauxite on Monday morning of last week. So I think the sickness was probably my fault.
Everyone is doing better this week. I still have some coughing. But overall, we are doing well. Alex came home on Friday and we were all very glad to see him. We had a movie night with the girls and they had chips-n-dip instead of popcorn for once.

On Saturday, Brent and I went to the Reba and Kelly Clarkson concert. It was so nice to get to have a "grown up" evening. Lol. Alex watched the girls. I guess they had another movie night because he sent me pictures on my phone of the girls lined up on the couch eating popcorn while I was at the concert.





We had a great time!! The music was incredible and Barbara Jean from the Reba show opened up the act with some stand up. I was so glad that I got to go.

Last night was another "my babies are growing up" moment. I typically sit with Livi in her room at night before she goes to bed and we have one on one time. We usually sing and talk. We always sing Twinkle Twinkle. She usually just smiles and dances along while I sing and occassionally I hear her say the "up above" part. So, last night, she begins to sway her head back and forth and hum along. And before I knew it, she was singing half of the words in her baby jibberish kind of way. I heard her say "up, above, and star" for sure. I was bawling like a baby. And when she was done she clapped for herself and said "Yay". Heartbreaking and exciting moment for me. I have been worried about her not talking much for her age. Ohhhh, it's time to get back to fertility treatments. lol

Today, I have Livi and KayKay at home. KayKay only goes to school two days a week now. So we have a lot of projects at home that we do to try to keep her on schedule for when she starts Kindergarten next fall. We are learning the letter "Y" this week. We went out onto the back deck and painted the yellow sun and some green grass(our letter last week was "G"). She is doing really well with the balance of school work at home and school two days a week. I am so proud of how far she has come.



Livi has been constantly brushing her hair this week also. I sure hope none of it falls out. :o)

1 comment:

Nanna Nette said...

Yea!! KayKay, I am so proud of you. You are such a smart & pretty girl! Bethany, I told you Livi would talk. Before long you will be wishing she would hush. They are all so precious. I am glad to see you enjoy them so much! Luv U All!