Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ouie, What a Way to Start the Week.

I would probably get over the aggravation and trauma of the week so far if I would quit whining about it, but, as you probably guessed, I am here to whine!

We had a good time last weekend at Nana and Pop's house.

I needed to get the oil in the car changed before we came to see Alex, so the girls and I went to Everett Monday morning. Everett had a shuttle take us over to Target so we could shop for school supplies while we waited. Everett always has a long waiting time. I have never been and waited less than two hours. We were dropped off at Target around 10:30. We shopped and shopped and shopped. I bumped into several old coworkers and we visited. And then we shopped some more. Finally at about 1:30 or so, I called Everett and asked them when my vehicle would be ready.The man at Everett said that they found a leak in the water pump and that it would take most of the day to fix. We were exhausted by then but had no other choice but to be patient. The man said a shuttle would be there in 20 minutes to get us. We waited and waited and waited. An hour later he showed up. We then got to Everett and waited another half hour for a rental car. We ran home and put up our supplies. Abi changed into her cheer outfit and we headed back to Everett to pick up the Acadia. Abi then had cheer from 6:30-9:00 where I found out she had a mandatory cheer clinic this coming weekend. And that, was our Monday. I did leave out the good part where I got to visit with Debbie while Abi was at cheer camp and she made chicken salad!!

Here is a photo from our many  hours spent in Target.

We got to Mobile Tuesday afternoon to see Alex and we have to leave Friday due to Abi's cheer clinic. We hope to come back to stay with Alex again before school starts.

We went swimming yesterday evening after arriving at the hotel. We swam for a couple of hours and when Alex got off work we went to Olive Garden for supper. Makayla said that her stomach hurt after eating a breadstick and some salad. We asked her over and over if she felt alright and she said she did. We got our food and started to eat. I looked over at KayKay and she had a panicked look on her face and her cheeks were full. Then out came the food. I started grabbing napkins like a crazy person and cramming them toward her mouth. Abi and Olivia continued to eat their spaghetti and watch KayKay throw up at the table. Alex got the check and we packed up our food to take with us. It was quiet an experience.

Olivia is still doing well from her surgery. She seems to be going full force. We are all gearing up for back to school time and trying to savor our beach time that remains!

See you all soon.

1 comment:

Gina said...

OH girl! I know you handle things wonderfully! Sounds like an extra crazy week! Glad you all survived!