Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cherish the Moments


Oh, children grow up so fast. I can not believe that Abi is 6 and KayKay is 5. The girls have almost been with us for a year. Olivia turned 20 months yesterday too. It is just hard to believe how fast time flies.
Kay Kay has been very affectionate this week. She comes up to me at random times and pats me on the back while saying,"I just love you so much, Momma" And the next thing I know, she has stolen Abi's lip gloss and is hiding behind the bedroom door smearing it all over her face. Wears me out!

The girls had gymnastics tonight and they did wonderful! Abi is doing so well and KayKay has improved a ton! They worked on round offs and cartwheels. They also did tumbles. I am so proud of them and how far they have come.



Abi and KayKay had a birthday party this weekend at Oogles and Googles. They loved it! They had the "Once Upon A Time" party. All of the girls dressed up as princesses and the boys as princes. They got to put on make up and had a great time.




And, Nana came up last Thursday and stayed with us until she had to go back to work on Monday. She came up to help out with the kiddos so that I could get some stuff taken care of and it was wonderful!! She helped out more than she will ever know and I wish she could move in. It was sad to see her go. We were able to visit like old times. We used to get to do a lot together and talk all the time. Life has taken over though and we grabbed a few mintutes to chat when we can, usually at night when the girls are asleep. I'm sure I yack her ear off most of the time because I enjoy her company, even if it is through a cell phone and not in person. The girls are crazy about her too. Olivia was pretty upset when she left.
Olivia is still exploring her "Terrible Two" side. She arches her back and twists around when she doesn't want to go to someone. She screams and cries most of the time when she doesn't get what she wants. She is mood city! I read in Parents Magazine that typically the 1/2 ages are the worst, so if my calculation is correct, she will be nicer when she is 2. lol, I am counting down the months.

1 comment:

Nanna Nette said...

Nanna had a wonderful time as well. I look forward to the days and years ahead filled with girl talk and shopping!!! Poor Alex and Poppa Rock, they are soooo outnumbered! WooHoo, Girl Power!!!