Thursday, February 3, 2011

sick day

Abi woke up around 3am sick to her stomach. She's had a sore throat for several days so I thought maybe it was just drainage. But, turns out it is more than that and she has been at home with Livi and I today. I have been mopping and sanitizing everything. Abi has been watching movies off Netflix. We started with the 1986 Care Bears II movie and now it's the Velveteen Rabbit. Olivia has been watching it too and, at the end, when the rabbit turns into a real bunny, she tip toes over to me and is whispering something about how we need to catch it before it gets away. She tickles me. She worried about Seth's rabbit not being in it's cage the whole time she was at her Nana's over Christmas.

I have also enjoyed a day at home. Even though I am a 'stay at home mom', we never seem to stay at home. Olivia had a gymnastics class this morning but we didn't go since Abi was sick. And I have enjoyed my day! I am making a stew and decided to fry some potatoes to "float" on the stew when you eat it. I think it will be marvelous! Cooking is one of my favorite things (hence the need for a gym membership).

I also have some pictures to catch up on posting from last weekend. It was an amazing weekend here! It was in the 70's and we spent a lot of time outside. Nana and Poppa came up to watch KayKay's basketball game and then they brought pizza for supper. We were all SO thankful to see them. We all get a little homesick for our family.






As you can see, Livi likes to take basketball breaks. She would rather dig the ice out of the cup and munch.

We had a great potluck after church on Sunday too.





We saw our buddy Oliver a couple of times this week.

Here are the Two O's hanging out.



And before I go, I want to ask you all to pray for a very sick little girl. Her name is Abby. She is 2 1/2 years old and was diagnosed with cancer. She is at Children's Hospital and needs the prayers of everyone! The prayers are working already because I heard today that the cancer has not spread to her bone marrow, which, from what I understand, is a miracle in itself. So please pray for the cancer to leave this sweet child's body  and for her family while they endure this difficult time.

No comments: