Sunday, November 28, 2010

mcbay thanksgiving














The McBay Family Thanksgiving was held at my  mom and dad's house on Saturday the 27th. There was good food, good company, and a great football game on tv. Everyone was able to be there except for my cousin Tricia and her daughter, Ayla. We had a good turn out and a lot of fun.

The screaming began around 2:30 when the Razorback vs LSU game came on. And the Hogs won! I am used to watching the games by myself or with the kids (and they could care less). So it was awesome getting to watch with almost my entire family.

We had Thanksgiving at Alex's Granny's house and my Memaw's on Thanksgiving day but I didn't bring my camera. We are blessed to have a large family that is full of great cooks. We played an intense game of Mad Gab at my Memaw's too. My Uncle and my Pepaw have been on my heart and mind this holiday season. I know they would be glad to see the family thriving and still thinking of their wonderful lives. One of the many things that brought my mind to Uncle T was that the band "The Smashing Pumpkins" was brought up during a game that we played. I  think I've told the story, but I will tell it again.  There used to be a restaurant in Daisy called the "Self Creek Restaurant" and we used to stop there to eat after church sometimes. My cousin Lindsey and I were talking about The Smashing Pumpkins and Uncle Tim laughed at the ridiculous name of the band. We went back and forth about bands and he said he could do us one better. He said there was a band named "Toad and the Wet Sprocket". Of course I laughed at him and didn't believe him. And then I saw them advertised on tv a while later. I will never forget that conversation. It's strange the things that stick with us.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and hold on to your britches, Christmas will be here before you know it!

No comments: