Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Whole Lotta Nothin;



I took off work Friday to stay at home with the girls. Mrs. Lisa wanted a day off to be with her family, so I got one too. I had intended on taking the girls to the museum but we ended up doing nothing. We cleaned house and played play doh. We had pancakes with peanut butter and syrup and listened to Elvis during breakfast. It was a nice day. Brent came up Friday night and we saw "Julie & Julia". It was pretty good. We had a good time.
Saturday was spent at home as well as a family day. After church today, we met some family at Hot Springs for lunch. We miss our families often. It was nice to see them.
We made brownies last night. Everyone chipped in to help clean up......





Shirley, Coy, Memaw, Nana,Seth, Alex, the girls and I all had a great visit.






We have had a rather uneventful, but good weekend.

The girls will be starting school soon and I must say that I am excited. Have you seen the Staples commercial where the dad is dancing in the school supply isle while the kids sulk through the same isle? It is GREAT and it depicts exactly how I feel as the school year approaches. It is bitter sweet. I am extatic to have a much smaller day care payment but I am not sure that I am ready to have a Kindergarten and First Grader.
Makayla is so excited to start school. She has her backpack and lunch box and can not wait. Abi is excited to be the big sister that can show her little sis the ropes of "big girl school".
And Olivia, well, Olivia is a two year old with attitude.
We are all doing well. Olivia has had an ear infection all week and spent most of the week at home with her daddy. She is doing better and hopefully will continue.
Have a great week everyone and we will see you again soon!

1 comment:

Brently said...

Yes we did have fun. Lots of laughing. Especiall at the kilt guy and cat girl. The pomogrante drink was good too...