Saturday, February 9, 2013

breakfast

Breakfast takes me back.
My Pepaw would fold butter and jelly together to put on biscuits rather than putting them on one at a time. He also mixed a hunk of butter in with his chocolate gravy.
My brother and I spent some summers at my Aunt Susan's house too. I remember her scrambling eggs in a bowl and popping them in the microwave to cook.
Lots of memories of grown ups sitting around with coffee cups and waking up to the smell of bacon and sausage.
At Granny's house, the idea of peanut butter on pancakes was introduced and I do that still today.
And now,as an adult, my parents are known for big breakfasts when all of the family is together at their house.
My mind went back to each of these places as I was growing up while cooking breakfast for my family this morning.
I hope my girls share fond memories of Saturday morning breakfast around the table when they are grown. Maybe they will even recall Miss Daisy snatching biscuit crumbs from the floor while they ate.



No comments: