Sunday, January 3, 2010

We are still alive!

I know. It has been a while since I have posted, but, man! Doesn't life just get in the way sometimes?

I don't even know where to start with reviewing the end of 2009. Work has been nuts. The kids have been even crazier ;o).

I remember Christmas at my Memaw's was wonderful. We were all together and so glad to be! We played MadGab. That game is always a great memory.

I had to work this year up until Christmas Eve, which was a first for me. I have always either been in school and on break for a couple of weeks or at my old job we would close down for a couple of weeks during Christmas and New Year's. But not this state job! So the holidays have felt a little different for me this year.

I took Abi and KayKay to see Alvin and the Chipmunks the day before Christmas Eve. They enjoyed it. I think Makayla got a little bored (as did I). But it was nice to get to go. I let them pick where we were going to eat and they picked IHOP. They had crazy pancakes and I had blueberry pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage (which they got half of). And some warm hot chocolate. It was pouring down rain. We had a good time though.



And to include Olivia in this story, she was super hacked that I left her at home with daddy. So he had to pacify her with pop pop (popcorn) and M&M's. She is something else these days.

We also celebrated Christmas with our good friends from Arkadelphia. We love those ladies!



We went to Newhope on Christmas Eve for Christmas with Papaw Truman and Grammie Retta. The girls had a great time as always and then we went to my Granny Gloria's for Christmas with my dad's side of the family. We play Chinese Christmas every year and it is always a hoot. It's especially fun when Uncle David and Aunt Edith come and bring some of the most outrageous gifts. Every year this chess set gets brought back and all the men fight over it. I don't think anyone ever uses it once they get it. It's just something fun to bicker over.

We had Christmas at Nanna and Poppa's on Christmas Day and came home on Saturday. We then had Christmas at home.  And back to work that Monday. It was a wild holiday.

I have a ton more pictures to post but not enough time to do it right now. Hopefully I can get on here soon and finish up the Christmas pictures. I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday season!

No comments: