Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Keep It On The Sunny Side Of Life

I have not posted in forever it seems like. Life has been insanely busy and the times that I have been able to sit down and work on a blog, my computer has been acting ridiculous. This entry will not contain many (if any) pictures due to the fact that my computer acts up.

So much has been going on that I don't know where to start.
Olivia had bronchialitis a couple of weeks ago and she scared us to death! She ran a fever over 104 and it would spike all of a sudden. The nurse that I spoke to said that this was typical with bronchialitis and told me what to do to keep the fever from rising. She still has a bad sounding cough so I took her back to the doctor yesterday and was told that she more than likely has asthma. I was not really suprised to hear this due to her sister's both having asthma when they were younger. She is now on a liquid steriod and a steriod inhaler. They want her to continue to use the inhaler until spring and then re-evaluate from there. She does really well with medicine and the breathing treatments. She acts like she feels great but her cough sounds awful. Olivia got a visit from Santa Clause at Mrs. Lisa's earlier this week. He brought her a Cabbage Patch Doll that has hair extensions. The doll's hair is blond and curly. Olivia has been talking about how Santa brings presents all week. It sounds like he is her new best friend.

Makayla is doing great. She is loving school and has recently started cheerleading. I got to go watch her on Monday for the first time and she made me so proud! She was the only child that followed directions and yelled loud when it was time to cheer. I think she really enjoys the cheerleading too. She gets to wear her pajamas to school on Friday and watch "The Polar Express" at school. When I told her that she needed to bring $2 for snacks on that day, she ran straight to her piggy bank and dug out the money. She couldn't wait!

Abigail is doing good as well. She feels so grown now that she gets to cheer lead. I have to tell the story about her first week of cheer practice though. Both of the girls were very excited to get to go to their first cheer practice. Alex brought them home from school and told me that Abi had gotten in trouble at school. Abi was sitting by a little girl named Sophia and had written on a piece of paper that Sophia was a brat. Sophia began to cry and Abi quickly erased the sentence and wrote "I like Sophia". Sophia told on Abi and Abi's teacher sent a note home. As punishment, Alex decided that Abi could not attend her first cheer practice. Abi was really upset. Later that night, I was cleaning up the kids toys after they had gone to bed and I found a magna doodle that they play on all the time. Abi had written "I have not had a grate day". I laughed so hard! Alex posted a picture of it on facebook.  And the latest Abi story is so darn sweet. The Elementary school has "Santa Shop" where the kids can bring money and pick out a gift for their parents, grandparents, or siblings. Abi shopped on Tuesday and I had sent her $10 to pick out gifts. I asked her who she bought for and she said "mom and dad". I asked her if she spent $5 on each gift and she said, "No, I spent $9 on one and $1 on the other." This made me laugh. Later in the night, when it was just the two of us, I asked Abi what she bought for Daddy. She lit up and said, " I bought him this pen. And it says "Mom" on it." I giggled a little and gave her a puzzled look. I said, "Abi, why did you buy Daddy a pen that says "Mom" on it?" and she looked at me like I should have known the answer to that and said, "Because he loves you." She melts my heart.   And on top of all of that, I got a look at the pen tonight. It's flaming hot pink. I can not wait to see Alex taking notes at work with his hot pink Mom pen.

On another note, I have had a heavy heart this week. My job can be very demanding and it is showing me what I'm made of. Please pray for my family and that I will make good decisions when it comes to work and family. I know that God will guide me to where I belong and to accomplish what I am meant to do while on this earth.

2 comments:

Nanna Nette said...

Love the stories of the girls this week. Abi sounds very rational to me. You are constantly in my prayers, but I've said several extra prayers for you this week and will continue. Keep listening to God, He has given you wonderful results so far. Sometimes it's just takes a while for them all to fall into place. Luv U Bunches!

Lori Harper said...

Oh my word, I have not quit laughing about the hot pink Mom pen! That is absolutely precious!!! Will be praying for you and your family!