Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's Been Nice



My parents and brother came up to visit this weekend. The girls were so excited that they stayed outside to watch for Nana to drive up while they played. They got pretty dirty so it was straight to the tub for them. I put them all in at once because I didn't want to give them a chance to smear dirt all over the house. Anal, I know.
We all agreed that Abi looks like Papaw Truman with her white bubble beard.

Nana and her bundle of rotten-ness.

On Saturday, Nana watched the girls while I went out with some friends. Angela, Dedee, and I had brunch at Cracker B and then went for mani's and pedi's. It was SO NICE. Afterwards I stopped in Hallmark because I love their Tyler candles and then headed to Maurices to hit the clearance racks looking for some work clothes (yay). It was great not having to load and unload the kids and to not have to rush through the store. Thanks Nana!
That afternoon we headed to Nana and Poppa's house in Newhope. We had a "girls" lunch at Chili's and then hit Wally World on the way. After church on Sunday, Poppa had the grill warmed up for steaks and hamburgers. They were delicious. Seth ate his raw, as usual. He took a bite mid-moo. Ha, gross.


Hey, nice shirt Seth. I just now noticed it. You just got some free advertising!

Let the wrestling begin! There were many rounds to this onoriness, and lots of giggling. I couldn't say much because my dad taught me to enjoy wrestling around too.



Now, it just wouldn't be telling the whole truth of the weekend if I didn't show you this side of it, right?


She had been fixing her hair.


It was a really nice weekend. Very laid back and enjoyable. We always have the best time with our family.
Alex came home on Monday. He was pretty exhausted (and still is). But we are so thankful to have him home safe. So, I have gotten back into experiment-cooking. Tonight we had Turkey Meatballs stuffed with Mozzerela, Tomato and Ricotta Orzo, and Rosemary potatoes. And it-was-so-yummy!

I know they look greasy, but I baked them and the color is from the Paprika. I promise!
All of it together


And one other big event for the evening.
Kay Kay lost a tooth!! She was so big and brave while I yanked it out, lol. She said her gums hurt but she is so excited for it to be out. She wants to show Andrew, ugh. And it is so fun to hear her make the "s" sound.

4 comments:

Nanna Nette said...

YEA! Snaggle toothed KayKay!! Poppa is disappointed that he didn't get to pull it out! Hope the tooth fairy is kind to you tonight. We had a ball this weekend, too! And, once again, I have to say, " I have the best and prettiest grandbabies in the world!" Give Alex a hug for me. I missed getting to see him and am glad he is home safely.

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog entry (as usual). Nice to catch up with your life! You guys have been busy I see! :)
April
(Prayers for Ava)

Lori Harper said...

This is a great post! I am now super hungry after looking at the delicious food. The girls are growing so fast and you can sure tell they had a blast at Newhope. Love all the pics!!

karen nelson said...

is it too late for me to have one of those burgers?