Sunday, July 22, 2012

stepping out

This week is leading up to our family Gotcha Day. Our girls are getting so big and a wave of reality hit me today that Olivia is about at the age where we need to explain some things to her. Her sisters haven't needed too much of an explanation because they clearly remember the court house, the adoption, and unfortunately, everything that came before that.
I am reading a devotional about Faith. And it says "when we step out in faith, we are given a glimpse of the spiritual realm". I reflected on this and realized what a big step out Alex and I took five years ago. Wow.
I love my family. Am I often exhausted? Yes. Are my nerves frayed? Yes. Do I question my every parenting moves daily? Yes. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.
I can not wait to see the many other ways that I will be 'stepping out' with the time I have left on earth.

My girls are my world. And they are amazing.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."- Hebrews 11:1

No comments: