Monday, June 28, 2010

Father's Day and then on to Daphne

We spent Father's Day at Nana and Poppa's house. Alex was still in Alabama. We had spent the week prior to Father's Day in Alabama with him. While he was at work one day, we bought him a gift and left it in the night stand drawer in his hotel room. I knew that was pretty much the only place that he didn't look or keep anything. We had a great weekend in Newhope. I feel like I have been able to actually be in the moments that we have together now that I am not obsorbed in work. My job stayed with me 24/7 and was constantly on my mind. I have a huge weight lifted off of me now.


We stayed busy back at home with Makayla in summer school four days a week. Abi also has cheer practice on Mondays from 6:30-9:00. Olivia just started gymnastics as well. Olivia and Makayla go to gymnastics on Thursdays from 6:00-7:00 and Abi from 7:00-8:30. So, we have been occupied.  We headed back on Friday to see Alex and are currently visiting him. He was at work when we got here so I loaded up all the valuables on a luggage rack and unloaded the car. It was a long and frustrating drive down here but we are so glad to be with Alex.



We went back to the Bass Pro Shop. The girls love looking at the fish. This picture reminded me of the one we have a Leslie at the zoo in Memphis. So sweet.


I straightened Makayla's hair that morning. I told Alex that I would probably have panic attacks all day in the stores when I went to look for her and couldn't find her curly head. She looked adorable and was so excited to have straight her. She has been calling herself "Barbie".


Alex has been working 100 hour weeks for the past three weeks so he earned a few days off. We went to the Marble Slab ice cream shop last night. It's a lot like ColdStone. We had a white chocolate dipped waffle bowl with S'mores ice cream.




Play Doh helps her pass the time in the hotel room. We found some ladybug flip flops that happened to be Olivia's size and she has insisted on wearing them all the time. She took a nap with them clutched to her chest. She is very proud of her ladybugs.

She wears her sunglasses upside down and her flip flops on the wrong feet.....always.
I pray that the rest of the time Alex has to spend out here on the Gulf passes with ease and safety. I am keeping my eye on Tropical Storm Alex as well. ;o)

No comments: