Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday

After work on Friday, I started baking and decorating Addison's birthday cake for Saturday. I had to make a run to Target for a few things, but by the time I was ready to go, this is what Alex and Olivia were doing....


I love that she still crosses her feet when she sleeps.

So, Abi, KayKay, and I loaded up and headed to Target. All of the girls were put to bed when we got back and I continued work on the cake. Here was the finished product around 11:30 friday night.

Gina set up for the kids to fish in this bucket. There was a slippin' slide and water sprinklers. My girls liked the swing set and slide the most I think. Addison had a good turn out for her birthday party.
Angela's daugher, Riley. We love Riley Roo!

Sandra's daugher, Liv. Sandra also has a little girl named Mia. Both beautiful ladies.
Look at that hair!

And here's mine with one of the first fits of the day...


Gina had little tables set up for the kids to decorate sugar cookies. I think all of the children loved it!


No sooner than Olivia got the last bite of her cookie in her mouth did she start to have screaming fit #3 of the morning. So, we made a quick exit and that ended our birthday fun.
Olivia, Makayla, and I have all had some major allergies going on and I think that and being tired got the best of Olivia. So, we came home before Addison even made it to the birthday presents or cake.
Saturday was also Alex's birthday. He got several birthday cards in the mail and phone calls wishing him a good day. He wanted Chinese food for supper. So, he went and got take out for all of us. Ha! We got to watch a movie together on the couch last night when the girls went to bed.
I have spent the better part of today cleaning house and doing laundry. In a couple of weeks we will be having a small get together for our one year 'Gotcha Day'. It was a year ago on the 25th of July that our adoption was final. It is hard to believe that it has been a year already. It will be two years in October since the girls came to live with us. We are very proud of our family and so very thankful for God bringing us together. No one but HIM could have put all of the pieces together.
Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Gina said...

AWWW! I hate that you were up soo late working on the cake! Again, thanks so much and I could not have been happier with how it turned out! Sorry bout the fits! I missed them all! I'm glad we are finally getting passed those-well most days anyway! HA!

Anonymous said...

So good to see you and the girls yesterday! Your family truly makes my heart smile. I have some really fantastic pictures of Abigail & KayKay from the party - I gave Gina a cd with the pictures on them. Suzy

Nanna Nette said...

I am very proud of your family, too!! You all belong together. Glad we can be a part of it as well. Luv U All